In keeping with the inclusive tradition at Camelot, Junior Members are an important facet of the entire Club experience. It is our belief that lessons learned at Camelot go far beyond those on the course. Respect, honesty, confidence and determination are just some of the ideals that are instilled in Junior Members. There is no better time spent with family than on the golf course, where everyone can ‘un-plug’, be active and challenge themselves to improve their game.
One of our Board Objectives for 2016 was to “establish our club as a leader in Junior Golf in the Ottawa Valley, and showcase our premier facility for young families wanting to play the game...” Traditionally our Junior Membership accepted golfers as young as 8 years old, however at that age they are normally not able to participate fully in Junior activities. As such we have created a pre-Junior membership for those aged 6-10 with limited access & privileges, providing better value and encouraging existing Members to have their young children or grandchildren join the club.
Our Junior Program is overseen by a staff of dedicated PGA Golf Professionals. Junior Members are afforded direct access to ongoing lessons, practice sessions and on course tutorials. It is often not long before our Junior Members are outperforming mom and dad! The program includes:
Complimentary junior clinics with long & short game instruction
A “walk the line” program, at established times, where juniors can receive some help with various parts of their game on the range
Junior Golf Camps, with a dedicated camp for those aged 5-9
- Available to boys or girls who have not reached their 11th birthday
- Pre-Junior Members must have a parent or grandparent as a golfing Member
- Playing privileges extended when Junior play is allowed
- Pre-Junior Members MUST play with their Member parent or grandparent
- Ineligible to participate in Intersectional Qualifying, Club Championships or league-play
- Access to the practice facilities is permitted when accompanied by a Member parent or grandparent, or as part of the Junior Clinics
- Discounted fee provided for the Junior Camp
- The Board of Governors will review the category as necessary, and reserves the right to adjust the membership cap at any time, and/or cancel it at season’s end.
The annual dues are $250+HST. There is no minimum F&B requirement, no hole-in-one fees apply and a Golf Canada card charge would apply if requested.
For the 2017 annual dues information for Junior & Sponsored Junior Members, please call Rachel Legault, Communications and Membership Coordinator, at 613-833-0801 ext. 221 or email@example.com