Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Camelot Golf & Country Club is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Camelot Golf & Country Club’s premises. We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and on our web-site.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for members or their guests with disabilities of disabled washrooms or our elevating device, Camelot Golf & Country Club will notify members promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at each club entrance.
Training for staff
Camelot Golf & Country Club will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public, our own members or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Board of Governors; Senior Management Team; Pro Shop Staff; Back Shop Staff; Dining Room Servers; Buspersons; Line Cooks; Kitchen Stewards; Halfway Hut Staff; Beverage Cart Staff; Office Staff; Locker Room Attendants; Maintenance Staff and Landscape Gardeners.
This training will be provided to staff as soon after hiring staff as practical. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Camelot Golf & Country Club’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use any equipment or devices that we may acquire that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Camelot Golf & Country Club’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Members and/or their guests who wish to provide feedback on the way Camelot Golf & Country Club provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do so via e-mail, verbally, in our suggestion box or by phone to our office number. All feedback will be directed to the General Manager/COO. Customers can expect to hear back in 3 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies